Serpentsmoon.org
April 20, 2018, 04:30:41 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: I gotza Yob!  (Read 3752 times)
Ray
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2009, 12:12:21 PM »

Today is a fantastic day (as is everyday you wake-up breathing)!

I gotza Yob working my made crazy l33t skilz for da U.S. Government...at least that's how my kid would tell me.  Shocked

The Department of Veterans Affairs or V.A. has accepted my application and I will be working for my uncle 25 hours a week while attending college full time. Life is good...

BUT WAIT! It gets better Smiley

Upon completion of my 4 year degree, I go straight into a full time position with the V.A..

On the down side...the closest IT department for the V.A. is in Denver, but I don't need to worry about that for another 2.5-3 years, until then I get to work on a local military base and start in two weeks.

Ray
scootertrash
Sergeant at Arms
Global Moderator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 03:55:13 PM »

Congrats brother! That's some really good news indeed. Do you know which base yet?
And when you go F/T, do you have the option to go somewhere else in the country... other than Denver?

'trash

I Love Camel Toes!
Ray
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2009, 05:44:52 PM »

Yep to both, I'll be working out of Ft. Carson for now and after I finish I can transfer to any location in the world that the VA has an opening.

My boss at Ft Carson is quite a bit younger than I am but seems very cool with a good sense of humor. There are three others that I will be working with but havent met yet, their students as well so its a very cool gig from what I saw in the hour I was there.

Their main office is the next street over from my old unit and in front of the gym where we used to play B-ball every day after work. Funny how life always takes you back to the places you leave over the course of your life. Time tells all...maybe this time the story will have a happier ending.  Tongue

Ray
Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: